Friday, February 24, 2012

My Weight Loss Journey


Hey all! :)

I decided to post a little something about my weight loss journey.

I started in November of last year.
I'm not on a really strict diet or anything. Just trying to make better
and healthier choices. I have cut out white rice and soda from my diet.


For working out I started doing a little Zumba, the swiched to Jillian Michaels
30 Day Shred. I really love that workout. It's only about 20 minutes
and you get a really good workout.

However, the kids scratched up my 30 day shred dvd the other day, so I went
and bought Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 workout dvd.
I started today and it kicked my butt! But I love her workouts.


For my height (4'11") I'm considered obese. My BMI was 34.9.
When I first started, I wasn't really consistant with working out, so I
didn't really lose as much weight as I hoped.
But now I'm really determined to stick to my diet and excercise routine. :)

Starting Weight: 173 lbs.
Current Weight: 164.4 lbs.
Goal Weight: 125 lbs.

So far I've lost about 8.6 lbs.....in 4 months. =/
I'm happy I lost some weight, but I have a long way to go.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers



1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the journey, sweetie. With determination and motivation, I know you can do it. I too bought two DVDs from Jillian, the Ripped in 30 and Six-Week Six Pack DVD. I love it! When I had my first child, I had a goal to loose weight before our vacation to Florida to visit my SIL and the workout I did was belly dancing, running, jump rope, hula hoop, Gilad's workout, Fat Burning dance workout and other things. I mean I really was like moving. Even going to the store I wanted to walk and not drive. I would ask my husband to walk with me every afternoon or even run, and that is about 3-mile running. It worked really well with me. Right now, I am trying new and different things and Zumba is one of the new things I am doing. I still like the walking/running though. Once again, good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete